The USB C Hub supports video outputs with 1080P / 60Hz and 4K / 30Hz.
please check if your laptop own a USB Type-c（Gen 2)/Thunderbolt 3 port, and support Alternate Display Mode, if you don’t know how to recognize it, feel free to let us know, we welcome compatibility reports from users as well.
If your laptop own a AC adapter, you'd better use the original charger directly connect the laptop to charge, because the it will provide the fastest charge speed and HP/Dell do not allow 3rd party charger to charge their laptop.
If you connect VGA, the resolution of all monitors will be limited to 1920 x 1080@60Hz (maximum). When you connect 3 monitors, it may happen that one of the monitor screen resolution is lower than 1920 x 1080@60Hz (depending on the monitor and bandwidth).
Plugin the Laptop's power adapter to the USB-C Power Delivery port before connecting an external hard drive or multiple devices to the hub.
It should be noted that the VGA output mirrors one of the HDMI video outputs. If 1 VGA and 1 HDMI are used and one of the screens is mirrored, simply plug the hdmi cable into the other port.
1) Please check whether your 3 external displays support 4K resolution. If the laptop supports 4K but the display does not support 4K, it will not extend the 4K resolution of the laptop;
2) If the VGA port uses a 1080p display, in the duplicate mode, it will pull down other displays to 1080p;
3) If you are using a Windows laptop, please go to
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/docs/graphics/graphics-command-center.html to download Intel graphics command center.
Here, you can clearly see the default resolution of your laptop's graphics card. And it will automatically make a decision that best suits its output resolution.
4) If you want the external monitor to achieve a higher resolution, you can adjust it manually. I have attached a picture for you to guide you through the setup operation. But if you are here, you still cannot set a higher resolution, either your laptop does not support the external display to reach a higher resolution when multi-screen expansion or your external display does not support a higher resolution Resolution.
Q: My UtechSmart Quadruple Display USB C docking station does not work at all, or I get the message "USB device not recognized", when connecting on Windows.
A: If your UtechSmart Quadruple Display USB C docking station does not work, has stopped working, or has never worked, follow the steps below to try and diagnose if it is a hardware problem.
1. Compatibility Tips: The host system Type C port supports DisplayPort Alt Mode and Power Delivery.
2. If your device comes with USB Type-C 3.1 Gen 1, HDMI1 will not output signals.
3. Make sure you have downloaded/updated the latest driver version.